|"The Plaza Theatre in Romsey is an astounding building. You don't have to want to be on the stage to get involved... ...my advice is don't miss out on an opportunity to discover Romsey's lovely theatre"
Sir Ian McKellen
"It is a genuine pleasure to accept the role of Honorary Patron of RAODS. Drama groups like RAODS provide a vital foundation for the whole of the industry"
Plaza Future is the name we give to our ongoing - and continuous - efforts to maintain and improve the wonderful art deco building that is our home. The current priority is described in the panel opposite - but as soon as that is finished you can be sure there will be another significant project to take its place. Plaza Future develops our capacity to support a high quality of life for our communities through enhancing our historic 1930s building, and the services we can offer from it. Already 10,000 times a year someone buys a ticket to be entertained and informed by live performance. With building improvements, that figure can go higher. And you can help make that happen! To find out how, just keep reading……
1. Come and see one of our shows – come and see several of our shows! – and buy some of our merchandise whilst you are at the Plaza.
2. Join our mailing list by - see the Mailing List link on our Home page.
3. Join us! Click here to become a member online membership form.
6. Look out for the collecting boxes in the Plaza and around the town.
7. Sign up to . You will then be able to create donations for us at NO EXTRA COST TO YOU just by shopping online. This site is partnered with hundreds of your favourite shops - and if you use this site you will also get entered into the monthly prize draw to win a £50 Amazon voucher.
9. Do, please, consider whether to remember us in your will. All charities depend on the goodwill of the public and, naturally enough, most public monies go to those charities representing life or death causes. But quality of life is important as well – whether for the many local good causes who benefit from our £2.50-a-ticket Invited Audience performances, or our 60+ youth members who have a weekly youth club (as well as several opportunities each year to be on stage), or through the enjoyable hard work of our 250+ adult members who keep the Plaza going, or the 10,000 local people who (at the very least) forget all their day to day worries for 2 or 3 hours, each time they visit the Plaza.